All You Need to Know About Telogen Effluvium And How To Prevent It
Have you heard anything about Telogen Effluvium? Have you ever experienced a severe hair fall? Do you want to know about Telogen Effluvium? Read till the end to know everything about Telogen Effluvium.
Firstly, let me tell you that Telogen Effluvium is a temporary condition in which there is more hair fall than usual. You will notice more hair fall as compared to regular hair fall. It will become noticeable and make your hair thin and small.
Causes of Telogen Effluvium
If you face hair fall and your hair is becoming thin, know the reason behind severe hair loss. Regular hair fall is very common, but if you face significant hair fall, it can be caused due to some reasons.
- Medicine Reaction or Drugs-You can face telogen Effluvium condition due to some medicine reaction or intake of drugs. If you have been consuming some medicines for the past few months and started facing sudden hair loss, it can be due to a medicine reaction.
- Childbirth or Menopause- Due to hormonal changes in the female body after childbirth or menopause, it can cause Telogen Effluvium.
- Anxiety or Stress- You may face temporary hair fall issues due to anxiety or stress. It can also happen due to a sudden change in diet or lifestyle. Stress can cause problems in our body, such as hormonal imbalance, especially in women. So, stress can be a significant cause of Telogen Effluvium.
- Infection or Fever- Our body becomes weak during fever and infection and affects our body. It can also affect our skin and scalp. Infection or severe illness can cause conditions like Telogen Effluvium, in which you can lose your hair from your head or eyebrows. It is a temporary situation, but it will cause significant hair loss.
How To Detect Telogen Effluvium?
If you are facing a significant hair loss issue, consult a dermatologist and tell them about your condition. You might be facing regular hair fall, but to detect Telogen Effluvium, visit a dermatologist.
He will check the condition of your scalp and ask you for some information that can be the cause of this condition.
Hair Fall can be due to poor diet, poor lifestyle, improper nutrition, or hair chemicals. Temporary hair loss doesn’t need to mean Telogen Effluvium. It will help if you go to a dermatologist to know the root cause of massive hair loss.
Prevention for Telogen Effluvium
- Follow a Healthy and Nutritious Diet-For the prevention of Telogen effluvium, follow a healthy and balanced diet. Proper nutritional intake will help to maintain and increase hair growth. Add citrus fruits and green leafy vegetables to your diet. A healthy and nutritious diet will also keep your scalp healthy and strong.
- Proper Hair Care-Take proper care of your hair and do not use any chemicals on your hair. Do not use hair colours or take any chemical treatment for hairs. Apply oil on your scalp weekly and try to avoid shampoo containing harmful chemicals.
- Reduce Stress-To prevent Telogen Effluvium, do not take any stress. Stress will increase hair loss and make your hair thin. Try to avoid stress by doing meditation, yoga, or activities that reduce stress.
- Consult a Dermatologist-Before it gets too late, consult a dermatologist to prevent Telogen Effluvium. Doctors can evaluate the condition and guide you to prevent this condition.
Whenever you start facing hair loss, follow the points for prevention from Telogen Effluvium. Early detection can help you save your hair and prevent significant hair loss. Consult a dermatologist today and follow a healthy lifestyle to make your hair strong.