Giga Session Hair Transplant
We all are conscious of the way we look. Having no hair on our head or less hair makes us feel ashamed, as well as uncomfortable in the crowd, and our confidence level becomes absolutely zero. Receiving hair transplantation can improve a person’s outlook and boost self-confidence. Hair transplantation is one of the most exciting and rapidly evolving procedures in today’s surgical world.
Therefore, Giga Session Hair Transplant plays an indispensable role in most of our lives. A Giga session offers more hair transplants where the patient has severe hair loss and has Limited Donor Area. The rate of hair coverage from the Giga Session Hair Transplant is very surprising, and the entire bald area also gets covered appropriately. It is a blessing for people who have thin hair or baldness.
What is Giga Session Hair Transplant?
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) are common procedures for the surgery. A Giga Session is done when you demand 5000 grafts. Each graft has 2 hair strands. Some doctors extract hair follicles from the scalp and other body parts. This method is effective if done by a professional doctor.
It takes more than a day to complete the hair transplantation procedure because of two factors: The amount of hair follicles transplantation in this session is high, and second it is done according to the baldness on the scalp. Generally, several sessions may be needed to attain final satisfactory results. After this session, our chances of getting a hair transplant again in the future are lower. Giga session is the ultimate solution as it takes less time to achieve the final goal. The success rate of hair transplantation is very high, about 97%.
Advantages of Giga Hair Transplant
- It only requires two sittings for the whole process to be completed.
- Affordable: saves the cost of multiple sessions of the surgery.
- It is effective, provides natural and long-lasting results, and does not need to undergo surgery again.
- You can get the desired amount of hair volume(fuller head).
- Scarring is less because the surgeries done in this transplant are less.
Disadvantages of Giga Session Hair Transplant
- No guarantee: hair transplant can give natural-looking hairs, but it can also come the other way if not performed correctly.
- Swollen head, infection, bleeding, pain are the risk factors.
- Surgical risks are involved. One has to be very careful in terms of selecting the surgeons.
Treatment Procedure of Giga Session Hair Transplant
The Giga Session Hair Transplant is mainly categorised in two different procedures, that is:
FUT & FUE: These are commonly used techniques by cosmetic surgeons for transplanting hair. Now, let’s study both of the procedures individually.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
It is also popular by the name “Strip Procedure”.In this whole procedure, the hair from the area having good hair growth or the backside area of the head is extracted and transplanted to the bald region of our skullcap (scalp). This surgery usually takes 4 to 6 hours to complete. However, this procedure is now not so much in use as surgeons do not prefer it because it is a traditional procedure and sometimes leaves scars on the head.
The procedure of FUT are mentioned below:
- First, the doctors will analyse your medical records, and then the hairline is drawn on the scalp. The extraction area is marked after that; it is up to the patient whether he wants to take the sedative.
- Then the hair is trimmed about 2 millimetres from the part where the hair is extracted.
- Then the strip of the skin with the hair follicles is removed and used as a graft.
- The individual hair follicles will be removed from the strip by a professional, and then those strands will be prepared for transplantation.
- In this step, the scalp is closed, the hair follicles are embedded into the part of the bald scalp, and the strands are inserted to make it look more natural. After the whole process, the area is cleaned with an antiseptic, and a bandage is applied.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
This method of small piercing is done in the scalp to transport follicles from your head to the areas where your hair is thin or areas that look bald. This procedure is known for the successful restoration of hair. However, the surgeon in this transplant needs more time and effort as it needs more accuracy. Most suited for the people with large bald spots.
The surgery involves the following mentioned steps:
- The surgery will begin by shaving the transplant area and the area from where the hair will be removed to ease down the process
- Now, using a micro punch tool, hair follicles are extracted according to the hair thickness of the person. Anaesthesia is given during the whole process, and then incisions are made in the transplant area with the help of needles.
- After that, hair follicles are embedded through the incisions
- After completing the process mentioned above, the area is cleaned with antiseptic, covered with gauze, and a bandage is applied to the cuts for a day or two, but some doctor allows their patients to recover bandage free
Finally, the grafts from both procedures are implanted into the incisions in the bald area. It will take a minimum of 10 days for the stitches to get cut off.
Who Is The Right Person For Giga Session Hair Transplant, And Who Is Not?
Hair transplant is a good option for :
- Someone who has lost his hair due to some burn or any kind of injury.
- Someone who has thin hair or who is bald from the start.
- Someone who has thin hair.
- Someone who has pattern baldness.
- Someone who has excessive hair fall due to environmental changes.
- Someone who has bald patches on the scalp.
Hair transplant is not a good option for:
- People who have Widespread patches of hair loss throughout the scalp.
- People who don’t have any hair sites can be extracted for transplant.
- Someone who has formed thick scars on the scalp due to injury or repeated surgery.
- People who have gone through chemotherapy.
Before Giga Session Hair Transplant
Some precautions are listed below that you need to take care of before surgery are:
- One should avoid drinking one week before your transplantation procedure.
- Avoid smoking before the surgery because it will decrease the blood flow to the scalp.
- Avoid taking any kind of steroids because they can cause excessive bleeding during the process.
- Avoid eating junk food and start eating healthy food.
- Try not to consume spicy food for some days.
- Inform the doctor about the allergies, if you have any.
- No use of drugs.
- Do not stress about the surgery and maintain a proper sleeping schedule.
- Hair washes 2 days before surgery.
- Get some blood tests done as prescribed by the doctor.
After Giga Session Hair Transplant
There are some precautions listed below that you need to take care of after the surgery :
- Don’t wash your hair for 3 days after the transplantation procedure. Prevent your hair from getting into contact with water
- Avoid any kind of strenuous activity for a week after the surgery, as it will cause excessive sweating.
- Avoid the direct contact of sunlight to the scalp, always cover your head when you go out.
- Avoid scrubbing your scalp for the next two days after the surgery
- Avoid using any electronic devices related to hair, like hair straighteners and hair dryers.
- Maintain a healthy diet to provide you with proper nutrients for fast recovery.
- Take the medications regularly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid using any chemical on the scalp like Shampoo, Conditioners, and gels, dyeing hair.
- Applying ice directly to the scalp will provide a soothing effect.
- Do not sleep flat; it might increase the chance of swelling of the scalp.
What To Expect And Medications?
The surgery would bolster the growth of the hair. Not sudden growth, but gradually you will start noticing hair growth in the area where hair transplantation has been done, as well as you will notice the outline of the new and refined hairline. The transplant done in the hair is completely safe, permanent, and natural too.
You will start noticing the hair fall within 3 or 4 weeks, even after the hair transplant surgery, but this shedding is fully normal. It happens because the first batch of hair falls out, which is necessary for the hair to come out in a permanent capacity. The accurate results will reflect after one or two years after the surgery. After that, doctors prescribe minoxidil or finasteride to stimulate hair growth.
After the surgery, you will see frailness in your scalp. In addition, you will feel soreness in the scalp where the transplant has been done or from where the surgeon took the hair from. You will have to wear bandages for 4 or 5 days (as prescribed by the doctor). There might be pain for several days in the scalp because of the demanding treatment, but some people go back to work only after a few days of treatment.
The doctors prescribe some medications for pain relief, such as Ibuprofen 400mg every 8 hours. Tylenol is also proven effective in pain relief after the surgery and anti-inflammatories like oral steroids for the swelling phase. Some antibiotics are also given for not developing an infection in the scalp.
Risk And Cost of Giga Session Hair Transplant
This process is very affordable as this is a permanent solution for the hair, as it saves further transplant sessions. However, it generally ranges from 5000$ to 15000$. It mostly depends on how many parts of hair you are extracting for the transplantation and the trustworthiness of the clinic and its location.
Good and everlasting things take more money, and it is more of an investment than an expense.
There are risks involved with any kind of surgery. It includes infection, bleeding, swelling, bruising around the eyes, numbness, scarring, unnatural look. These are some problems that can occur after the surgery. Shock loss can also happen. It is a situation in which we lose some original hair in the area where you transplanted new strands. Most of the complications in the surgery are avoidable.
Before undergoing surgery, proper counselling with the doctor and a better understanding of the surgery is necessary. It can be associated with complications. One must talk to the doctor about the risks of the surgery and how much improvement you can see in your scalp. The complication can be avoided by meticulous planning and execution.
Hair replacement or transplantation surgery has become a feasible option for many of us because of the recent advances in technology in the world. However, we must make use of this technique very wisely. Cooperation in this surgery is the key feature, and no one can perform this surgery single-handedly. It is very important to have a professional team. Accuracy and fine-tuning in the surgery are all needed to get good results. No compromises should be made while operating the surgery and with the instrument.
The patient is worse off after a poorly performed hair surgery. Therefore, the process should be done judiciously because it is a rewarding procedure for both patients and surgeons.